GAY PROJECT INTERNATIONAL CHAT
ROME TIME (CHAT TIME)
To access the
International Gay Project Chat
main channel click on the button below.
For those who use systems such like mIRC, the server is: irc.esper.net and the channel is #gayproject, port. 5555, (irc://irc.esper.net:5555/gayproject)
To access the
International Gay Project Chat
second channel click on the button below.
For those who use systems such like mIRC, the server is: irc.mibbit.net and the channel is #gayproject (irc://irc.mibbit.net/gayproject)
International Gay Project Chat IS NOT A SEX CHAT and is devoted to serious dialogue between gay people from different countries.
From this page you can access International Gay Project Chat from everywhere in the world. The chat is multilingual and allows you to write and read in your own language what others write. Anyone can participate without registering.
You can join the chat in
Afrikaans, Albanian, Amharic, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bihari, Bulgarian, Burmese, Catalan, Cherokee, Chinese, Chinese simplified, Chinese traditional, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dhivehi, Dutch, English, Esperanto, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Guarani, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Inuktitut, Irish, Japanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Khmer, Korean, Kurdish, Kyrgyz, Laothian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Malayalam, Maltese, Marathi, Mongolian, Nepali, Norwegian, Oriya, Pashto, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Sanskrit, Serbian, Sindhi, Sinhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tagalog, Tajik, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Tibetan, Turkish, Uighur, Ukrainian, Urdu, Uzbek, Vietnamese, Welsh, Yddish
Join the chat with your nickname or the one assigned by the server. When you're in the chat page, below, it says "Translation", click on "Translation", and set to "Translate me to Italian" and "Translate them in your language". Now Mibbit will instantly translate from your language into Italian and from Italian into your language, because "usually" Italian is the language of the Gay Project Chat.
the Chat is subject to unbreakable rules, in addition to the
prohibitions required by law and by the general rules:
1) In this chat is not admitted any pedophile content, either directly or indirectly through external links. Gay Project is fundamentally incompatible with pedophilia.
2) In this chat is not allowed to talk about politics or religion, either directly or indirectly through external links.
3) In this chat is not allowed any reference to trade, either directly or indirectly through links to commercial sites.
4) In this chat are not allowed pornographic references of any kind, directly or indirectly through external links.
5) In this chat are not allowed references of racist or discriminatory content, either directly or indirectly through external links.
6) In this chat is not allowed to post e-mail, contacts, msn, skype or any other kind of net contact.
7) The user who inserts messages or links in violation of sections 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 will be banned.
The chat channel is moderate, that means
that there are channel operators (OP) marked with a star appearing in
the list of users. Operators can intervene, if necessary, to remove
users who do not behave properly.
On the top of this page you can see Rome time, that's the Chat time. Usually you can find users joined in the afternoon and till 2.00 in the night, Rome time, obviously.
Once you open the chat page, just choose a
nickname for access. The server provides user nicknames that can be changed at
will. Keep in mind that if you choose a nickname that has already been chosen by
a user who has registered, or a nick in use, the server will automatically
change it within one minute to avoid nick duplication. The right column shows
the list of other connected users. Your messages must be typed in the last line
at the bottom of the chat and posted simply by pressing the "Enter" button on
GUESTS AND REGISTERED USERS
You can chat in two different ways:
1) as a guest, that is using the nickname assigned automatically by the server or with any other non-registered nick. Obviously, access is completely anonymous.
2) as a registered user. Let me give an example, when I enter the chat as "gayproject" which is my registered nick, you can be sure that behind that nick it's me. My access is anonymous but using a registered nick, the nick is connected via a password to a specific person. No one but me can use the nick “gayproject” because to use the nick "gayproject" it's necessary to identify via a password known only to me.
What is registration for? The answer is simple. The registration is required to give some users clearly identified the status of channel operators. These users, in the presence of harassing, may exclude a user from the channel. In essence channel operators are necessary to ensure the reliability of the chat.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR REGISTRATION OF A NICKNAME IN CHAT
To register a nickname, once you entered the chat, type the following command, replacing "password" with a word of five characters al least and replacing "email" with your e-mail address (really running):
/ns REGISTER password e-mail
You will receive an e-mail to validate your registration. Open the e-mail and follow the instructions in the e-mail.
IDENTIFICATION OF REGISTERED USERS
Users who enter the chat with a registered nick
must authenticate, ie they must demonstrate they know the password for that
Authentication is carried out by entering the following command replacing “password” with the password for your nick.
/ns identify password
After the identification the server will give you the status of channel operator, if you are OP.
GENERAL UTILITY COMMANDS
Change the email associated with your nickname
/ns SET EMAIL address
Change the password for your nickname
/ns set passwd oldpassword newpassword